Care and Maintenance
Regular care is needed to maintain the beauty and finish of your furniture. When placing furniture, please be aware of keeping it out of direct sunlight, away from heat, harsh chemicals, sharp objects and pets. When moving furniture please be careful not to drag the item as this may damage the leg. Do not sit on the arms of the sofa.
Regularly vacuum fabrics to remove dust, dirt and any escaped feathers. Treat spills and stains as soon as possible. For professional cleaning refer to the particular fabric instructions (stitched into your furniture, usually under the seat cushion.) Fabrics vary in composition, so cleaning instructions will vary depending on the fabric type. Fabric warranties are covered by the fabric suppliers, not Design Furniture.
Leather should be cleaned regularly, with a clean damp cloth to remove particles which can work into the hide and cause grazing with wear. To remove spills use a soft damp cloth. Use a leather conditioner to keep the leather soft and supple. Creases, stretch marks, scars and insect bites that the animal acquires during its life are natural characteristics of quality leather. Refer to the particular leather instructions (stitched into your furniture, usually under the seat cushion) for further information.
Gently scrape any solid or quickly blot any liquid from the surface of the fabric, leather or timber with an absorbent towel or clean damp cloth before it is absorbed excessively. Do not scrub. Only apply proprietary cleaning agents strictly according to instructions.
Metal should be cleaned regularly with a soft clean cloth to remove particles which can abrade the surface with wear. Avoid contact with liquid, heat and direct sunlight. Abrasive cleaning products are not recommended.
All fibre and feather cushions need maintenance. Regularly shape and rotate loose cushions where applicable to maintain their shape and loft.
It is natural for cushion fillings to settle, and seat foams will soften over time. Loose covers are designed for a relaxed look and feel, and therefore it is also natural for some movement to occur. Scatter inserts can be invigorated by laying them out in the sun to air. While special fabrics have been selected to contain feathers in compartments, occasionally feathers can pierce through covers. They can be simply removed by pulling the feather out.
Design Furniture’s high standard of craftsmanship and professional approach to design, has won them the reputation of being a market leader in Australia.
The Company offers a 10 Year Guarantee covering the following:
- Australian Timber Frames
- Reinforced Major Joints
- No sag steel springs
- Black Cat cushion support
- High resilience Dacron wrapped foam
- Quality Workmanship
Guarantee excludes the following:
Negligence or abuse of product fabrics, leathers or vinyl.
Note: Every effort will be made to negotiate with the supplier on the client’s behalf if covering is agreed to be faulty. Fabric guarantees are supplied independently by the fabric supplier.
We recommend regular cleaning and maintenance of your furniture. Please refer to your fabric care label guide.
A 10–year structural warranty covers upholstered furniture subject to domestic use. This warranty specifically covers frames, springing, and cushioning. This warranty excludes fabrics and leathers. However, if any covering is agreed to be defective every effort will be made to negotiate a satisfactory settlement with the supplier on your behalf. Individual fabric and leather suppliers can provide warranties relating performance.
A 1 year structural warranty covers the structural integrity of sofas and chairs in commercial environments. Extended commercial warranties can be discussed to suit specific requirements.
Claims can be made through the place from which the furniture was purchased. An inspection of the product is required to determine the nature and cause of the fault. This will be conducted by your point-of-purchase or Design Furniture representative and you will be advised whether the alleged defect has been caused by fair wear and tear, carrier damage, abuse or faulty manufacturing.
Design Furniture Pty Ltd will gladly repair or replace a product (at the company’s discretion), with the following conditions:
- The purchaser must make all claims through the retail store in which the product was purchased.
- This guarantee does not cover defects in covers (fabric or leather) or foams.
- Claims under this guarantee are subject to proportional time adjustment for fair wear and tear. Claims caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse or negligence on the part of the purchaser will not be considered.
- If the goods have been altered, modified or repaired in any way without prior permission from Design Furniture Pty Ltd the guarantee shall be void.
- Design Furniture will accept full responsibility for all costs if a fault is discovered within the first twelve months. After this time, the purchaser must at his expense, return the defective goods to Design Furniture Pty Ltd.
- Design Furniture Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge for any service not covered by this guarantee.
- Design Furniture Pty Ltd will not be responsible for losses or damage in transit.
- This guarantee is to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- Please note this guarantee does not apply to commercial use.